Generally speaking, Managed Services (or Managed IT Services) involves a business or organization outsourcing certain IT functions to an external company.
The Managed Service Provider (MSP) assumes ongoing responsibility for monitoring, managing and/or problem resolution for selected IT systems and functions on your behalf.
The external company typically manages some or all of the following items:
- Computer hardware
- Network infrastructure – switches & routers
- Notebooks & netbooks
- Tablets & smartphones
- Computer software
- Databases and productivity tools
- Data backup
- BDR (backup and disaster recovery)
- DRaaS (disaster recovery as a service)
- Managed storage
- Data leakage prevention
- Help desk services for individual users and PC issues.
- NOC (network operations center) services for network alerts and troubleshooting.
- Broadband connectivity, telepresence, video conferencing, unified communications and more.
Offloading routine infrastructure management to an experienced Managed Service professional lets you concentrate on running your business, with fewer interruptions due to IT issues.
Have questions about how managed IT services can help your business? Call (866) 828- or email us at 6674info@offsiteIT.com .