A lot of iPhone users benefit from using their Notes App for more than just a grocery list; but security was a big concern. Apple has fixed this issue to allow you to freely use your app the way you wish. From entering any kind of personal information to banking information, now you won’t have to worry about anyone accessing your private notes.
With the new iOS 9.3 upgrade comes many benefits; security being one of the more prominent ones.
How to Secure Your Important Information with the Notes App:
- Select the note you wish to secure with either a password or Touch ID.
- Tap the share button in the upper right hand corner and select Password Protect Note.
- You can now enter a password and a password hint.
- You can also add Touch ID to your note by toggling the switch on or off for an extra layer of security.
- Each note that is secured will have a lock icon beside it.
This functionality is only available in iOS 9.3 and Mac OS X 10.11.4 (beta) devices. You will not be able to access your secured notes unless you have these requirements.
In order to set up or change your Notes password, navigate to Settings on your iOS device and select Notes-password protection. To secure future Notes, your password will already be set up and it will simply consist of tapping the Password Protect Note option from the share menu.
Contact OffSite IT for more information on how you can protect your personal information using the new iOS 9.3 upgrade. Call (866) 828- or email us at 6674info@offsiteIT.com to learn how we can help better protect your company with our managed IT services.